On December 16, 2014, it was confirmed that the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program will reopen on January 19, 2015.
The new approach of assigning a quota to each qualified financial intermediary should result in higher quality files and is expected to increase the acceptance rate of the program.
The minister has signed a decree to be published in the official Gazette on December 23, 2014. The details are:
- January 19 – March 20 intake
- Quota of 1,750 files, with maximum 1,200 from China
- Complete files should be submitted only
- New documents are published on MIDI’s website:
- New guide for narrative document;
- List of required documents (minor modifications);
- New application form;
Application fees are CA$10,106 per family. Payment will be accepted by Canada Post draft, or a draft from a Canadian bank. No credit cards will be accepted.
Deposit of files will be in Montreal, Canada only.